The recent attacks in Brussels have, unfortunately, shown us once more that the current situation is increasingly worrying. Now more than ever, we should remember what Sister Lucia confided to Father Aparacio (in her letter of the 20th of June 1939) : « Our Lady has promised to delay the scourge of war if this devotion [the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary] was propagated and practised. We see her putting off this punishment in as much as efforts are made to spread it. » It is up to us, then, to spread it, and Our Lady will repel these attacks of terrorism. (See Newsletter n°16.)
It is now one year since the project for the centenary of the apparitions at Fatima started. In fact, it was on the 4th of April 2015 (a first Saturday of the month) that the inaugural letter was sent to around 600 people. (See inaugural letter.) Since then, around twenty newsletters have made it possible to recall the essential points of Fatima’s message. The number of truths stated is, moreover, one of the remarkable aspects of the apparitions at Fatima. In fact, during the course of nine apparitions (three by the Angel in 1916, and six by Our Lady in 1917), apart from prayer and sacrifices, more than twenty truths were mentioned and constitute what could be called ‘’ the little catechism of Fatima’’. Here are a few examples :
The Angel’s Teachings
- The existence of angels : The Angel appeared six times : three times in 1915, and three times in 1916. In 1916 he confided to the little shepherds : « I am the Angel of Peace » (spring 1916) and « I am the Angel of Portugal » (summer 1916).
- The theological virtues : The first prayer taught by the Angel (spring 1916) takes us back to essential truths and in particular the practice of the theological virtues : Faith, Hope and Charity.
- The conversion of sinners : This conversion has to be the principal object of our prayers. The Angel and Our Lady will repeat it at almost every apparition. « I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love You » (spring 1916). The sins of man offend God, and by our prayers we have to make reparation for the offences made to God by sinners.
- Sacrifices : It is advisable to combine prayer with sacrifices. Sacrifices enhance, as it were, the effectiveness of our prayers. « You must constantly offer your prayers and sacrifices to God, the Most High. (…) In every way you can, offer sacrifice to God in reparation for the sins by which he is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners. » (Summer 1916)
- Suffering : sufferings offered up have also a great power. All suffering offered allows us to earn graces for sinners. « Above all, bear and accept with patience the sufferings God will send you. » (Summer 1916) The following year, Our Lady will ask to « bear all the sufferings He [God] sends you, in atonement (…) for the conversion of sinners. » (13th of May 1917)
- The propitiatory character of the Mass : Mass also enable us to make reparation for the sins committed by men : « Eat and drink the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, terribly outraged by the ingratitude of men. Offer reparation for their offenses and console your God. » (Autumn 1916)
Our Lady’s Teachings
The following year, many of these teachings were repeated almost word for word by Our Lady. To these she added some others :
- Final Ends : Our Lady reminds us of man’s final ends. « I come from Heaven. (…) You will go to Heaven… » and « She [Amelia] is in purgatory until the end of the world » replies the beautiful lady to Lucia’s questions during the first apparition. And during the third she shows hell to the little seers. And so, not everyone goes directly to Heaven ; some people will need a time of purification in purgatory beforehand. Others, alas, will never enter into Heaven and will spend eternity in Hell.
- The Communion of Saints : « Many souls will go to Hell because they have no-one to pray for them » said Our Lady to the little seers (19th of August 1916). On the other hand, many will be able to have the graces necessary to avoid Hell, if we pray for them. Our prayers and our sacrifices can obtain the salvation of souls.
- The Power of the Rosary : While we have to pray, one prayer is particularly pleasing to God and Our Lady : the Rosary. Our Lady, at every apparition, has asked for it to be recited daily. She has not asked for attendance at Mass, or the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament : no, she has asked for the Rosary, and only the Rosary.
There are even more teachings to be drawn from these nine dialogues : the immortality of the soul, communion given to very young children, the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the peace God entrusted to Mary, etc. Each of these truths merit their own development. (For more details see ‘’the little catechism of Fatima’’.)
Keep in mind that in nine brief apparitions, several points of Catholic doctrine were reiterated. These teachings are particularly important, because not only were they told to us by Our Lady and the Angel of Peace, but they have also been authenticated by a miracle and extraordinary prophecies (see newsletters n° 8, n° 12, and n° 23). Let us meditate on, and adhere to them with all our souls, by a true act of faith.
Have a Holy Easter.
In union of prayer in the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Yves de Lassus,
President, Cap Fatima 2017.
A short time ago, the presentation of the site was changed. It’s not yet definitive. We are hoping that it will make consulting the different pages easier and more agreeable, and that it will encourage more people to visit the site.
Let’s keep spreading the consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Following suggestions made in previous newsletters, several parishes have planned to consecrate themselves to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. So, to respond to the request of Our Lady, let us be the apostles of this consecration by suggesting to our priest to consecrate, or renew the consecration of, our parish.
Often people confide their prayer intentions to us and these are put on the site under Rosary. Let’s then commit to reciting our Rosary every day, on one hand for the salvation of France and on the other, for the intentions submitted on the site.
To help us diffuse the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, pamphlets and posters are now available. You can either ask us to send you some, or ask for the file to print them yourselves.