The young sighted children couldn’t be at Cova da Iria on August, 13th at noon, so Our Lady appeared to them six days later, in the middle of the afternoon. This apparition accentuated the really unique aspect of the apparition of Fatima, and their importance among the Marian apparition that the Church accredited. Indeed, after they knew all the phenomena that occurred on August, 13th, the young shepherds were persuaded that the Blessed Virgin had come, but that they had unfortunately missed the appointment and that they should wait until September, 13th to see her again. However, on that August, 19th, around 4 p.m., Our Lady appeared to them at Valinhos, a place located between the hamlet of Aljustrel and the Cabeço hill. At the same time, about two kms far from there, Teresa, one of Lucy’s sister, was coming back to Fatima with her husband. She had no reason to believe that there would be an apparition, because from one hand, it was six days after August, 13th, and from the other hand, it was the middle of the afternoon. Despite all of that, here is what she told:
We were about coming back to Fatima, when we started to notice that the air was cooling; the sun was becoming yellow, and was putting varied color everywhere, as it happened on August, 13th, at La Cova da Iria.
- Oh! What’s this? I told to my husband… Here’s a mystery! It was even on his own shirt that I was seeing all the colors I spoke about.
- Are we all deluded? I said to him.
- What are you speaking about? He asked me.
- But are you realizing that all is like on the 13th, aren’t you?
When we arrived at the church, all was ended. Later, we heard that at the same hour, Our Lady appeared again to the kids, at the “Valinhos”.
So, two persons who were not on the place of the apparitions could notice a sign similar to the one seen during the previous apparitions. However, Lucy’s sisters, as their mother, didn’t believe in the truth of the apparitions. Thus, any collusion between Teresa and Lucy is impossible. Here is one more proof of the authenticity of the apparitions, because after the apparition, without the sighted children, on August 13th, here is an apparition with the sighted children only, but with external manifestations seen by people who were two kms far. The exceptional aspect of these double apparitions, on August, 13th and 19th, is not fortuitous. The aim is probably to emphasize the importance of the message given on that day. Indeed, at the end of the short dialogue with Lucy, Our Lady ended by saying: ‘Pray, pray very much, and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to Hell because they have no one to make sacrifices and pray for them.’
For the second time, Our Lady speaks about the Hell to the young sighted children. And the assessment she makes is serious: a lot of souls (‘muitas almas’ in Portuguese) are going to Hell. Not some of them, but a lot! And we are partly responsible of this fact if we don’t pray and if we don’t offer sacrifices for the sinners’ conversion. This sentence of Our Lady can seem harsh. But it is possible to reverse it, so that we can also say: “A lot of souls will be saved because people will have made sacrifices and prayers for them”. That is the way Our Lady told to the young sighted children a similar request, on the content, twice during the apparition of July, 13th: ‘Sacrifice yourselves for sinners, and say often to Jesus, especially whenever you make a sacrifice: O Jesus, it is for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary. (…)When you pray the Rosary, say after each mystery: O my Jesus, forgive us, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are most in need.’
During the following apparitions, Our Lady and Our Lord will give precisions about the sacrifices and the prayers specially asked by Heaven, that is to say:
· Concerning the sacrifices: the humble acceptance and the offering of the sacrifices of the daily life
· Concerning the prayers: apart from the prayer taught on July, 13th, that one must recite after each decade, the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays of each month.
Thus, thanks to our prayers and our sacrifices, we have the power to attract the graces on all those who are on the way of the damnation, to enable them to convert themselves before death, and by this, avoiding Hell. This dialogue of August, 19th is probably the most important of all the apparitions, because it reveals the essential point of the message of Fatima, around which all the message is organized: the bounden necessity to pray and to offer sacrifices for the conversion of sinners. If we just had one thing to remember about the apparitions of Fatima, it would be that one. Our Lady pronounced this request almost 100 years ago. Unfortunately, it is a lesson rarely reminded today. And yet, so many souls could be saved if Catholic people regularly offered sacrifices of their daily lives for the conversion of sinners! The young shepherds of Fatima experimented it in a heroic way. So, let us follow this request of Our Mother in the Heaven.
In union of prayer by the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
Yves de Lassus
Some news about our project
1. Our project is developing slowly, but regularly, Since June, 5th, date of the setting up of our new tool of analysis, more performing and more reliable than the previous one, 2.700 visits from 1.900 guests have been registered, so an average of a dozen each day, more precisely about 100 and 300 visits the day following the diffusion of the newsletter. 2.700 visits for 1.900 guests also shows that many guests visited the website several times. The average length of the visits was 4 minutes.
2. Now there are 800 registered persons to the newsletter. Although the aim is not the search of the highest number of registered persons, the message of Fatima is directed at everybody, that’s why it is important to release it the most possible around you, in order to try to increase the number of persons who will offer sacrifices for the sinners, and as a consequence, the number of persons who will convert themselves. This project not only belongs to the little team who leads it: all of us are actors of it, and we must be apostles of the message of our Mother in Heaven.