Newsletter n° 1 (30th April 2015)
Dear Father, dear Madam, dear Sir,
A project without a kind of unity in action would not truly be a project. Therefore, we have found it necessary to give general guidelines which provide precise goals for everyone. After considering the ideas which we have received, here is what could be suggested:
On a personal level
- In our daily life, offer sacrifices while fulfilling one’s duty for the conversion of sinners. When possible, say the following prayer which was taught by Our Lady on 13th July 1917: “O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation of the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary”. At the end of this prayer, Jacinta always added: “and for the Holy Father”.
- Consecrate oneself to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and wear the Scapular.
- Every day pray the rosary as a family to ask for peace in the world in general and especially for France.
- Teach children to make sacrifices for sinners, following the example of the little shepherds of Fatima.
- Consecrate the family to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (or renew the consecration).
- Help the parish priest to make known and to organise the practice of the First Saturday of the month: rosary, mass with communion of reparation, 15 minutes of meditation and have confession available. All this at a practical time to enable as many people as possible to attend.
- In the parish, organise small groups of children praying for the conversion of sinners.
- Consecrate the parish to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (or renew the consecration).
At a diocesan level
- Consecrate the diocese to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (or renew the consecration) following the example of the Bishops of Fréjus-Toulon, Bayonne, Lescar and Oloron.
If by October 2017, all the dioceses of France were consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, this would clearly show our willingness to follow Our Lady’s requests.
For the whole Church
- Ask the Holy See “to approve of and recommend” the practice of communion of reparation on the first Saturday of the month, following our Lady’s request to Sister Lucia in 1930.
Many other actions are also possible. Here are some examples:
- Spread this devotion around us;
- Have masses celebrated for this project to help increase the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary;
- Put posters on display in nursing homes or retirement villages. This would be a means to encourage elderly people who generally have time at their disposal to pray for these intentions;
- Enrol in L’Archiconfrérie du très Saint et Immaculé Coeur de Marie (Association of members dedicated to the Very Holy and Immaculate Heart of Mary);
- Organise parish processions on the street on each anniversary day of the apparitions;
- Organise pilgrimages, etc.
The list of suggestions is endless.
It is not necessary to aim at undertaking everything mentioned. Our intention is to encourage you by giving some ideas. Then each one will do according to their own preferences and possibilities. Further information on this matter will be posted on our website: www.fatima100.fr/en/
Regarding the organisation of this project, the most efficient way will be to rely on each one’s talents. Everyone willing to do so should be able to organise locally what seems the most appropriate to answer Our Lady’s requests. This will vary according to each one’s personality and the graces received from the Holy-Spirit. It doesn’t matter whether the actions undertaken differ a little from one parish to the other or from one diocese to the other. The main purpose remains for us to grow together in the knowledge, the practice and the spreading of the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Some might be concerned that such a freedom in the organisation might be damaging to the project’s efficiency. As an answer to this, here is what my Carthusian brother wrote in his last letter to his family regarding his new election as General Superior of Carthusians:
From this experience of being led by Providence, I gained a serenity in front of events: we are not the ones who lead things. We are to do all we can but we also know that Someone is leading from above us and He knows best.
Therefore, we are required to “do all we can”, while allowing God’s Providence to intervene as it pleases. We should also refrain from wanting at all cost to plan now every part of the organisation. This project was particularly born for Our Lady and she should really reign over it as the Queen in every sense of the word. Therefore, she should not only be the soul and inspiration of the project but also its organiser.
In union of prayer through the hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Yves de Lassus.